Points of Interest:
– Alpena Bi-Path-11 mile trail for walking, skating and biking
through town, along the river and beaches.
– Alpena Civic Center-Live performances.
– Alpena City Skate Park
– Alpena County Fair- starts July 22nd, 2002 and ends Aug, 3rd, 2002
–Alpena Sportsman Club-Sporting clays, skeet and rifle
– Alpena Wildlife Sanctuary
– The Besser Natural Area
– Besser Natural Trail-1 mile foot path.
– Charter Fishing
– Dinosaur Gardens-See the life sized reproductions, if you dare.
– Farmers Market
– Historic Homes Tour- Alpena has its own community college and the Alpena General Hospital to serve the general area and its visitors.
– Jesse Besser Museum and Planetarium
– Partridge Point Wetland
–The Sink Holes
– Thunder Bay Underwater Preserve- has approximately 80 shipwrecks
– Thunderbay Theater- live performances.
–The Old Presque Isle Lighthouse- a hands on museum.
– The 1870 Presque Isle Lighthouse- the tallest lighthouse on the Great Lakes.